Maxillofacial surgery is a medical-surgical speciality that deals with those pathological processes that affect the face and neck:
Tumours and Cysts
- Third Molars (wisdom teeth)
- On the tong
- In oral mucosa
- On the lips
- On the palate
- In the salivary glands
- In the jaws
- Remodelling of maxillary tuberosities
- Extraction of torus and bone spicules
- Increase the amount of jawbone through: inlay techniques, onlays or sinus lift, and jaw techniques.
Treatment of changes in the development of the facial structure
- Mandibular fractures
- Maxillary fractures
- Eye socket fractures
- Dentoalveolar fractures
Surgical treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ):
- Orthognathic surgery of the dento-skeletal malocclusions.
- Surgery of facial deformities and asymmetry.
Dental extractions of impacted teeth are the surgeries most often carried out by our dental surgeons, with it being possible to apply anaesthetic techniques under sedation in order to avoid anxiety and fear that such treatments can cause.