Craniomandibular TMJ physiotherapy

The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is intimately related to the biomechanics and physiology of the skull, neck and shoulder girdle, being vulnerable to the positional changes that these segments undergo, influenced in turn by the general posture of the individual through the muscle chains.

Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) is considered to be a variety of musculoskeletal disorder that is the most common non-dental cause of orofacial pain.

Physiotherapy (both manual physiotherapy and physiotherapy assisted by electrotherapy, cryotherapy, laser therapy, etc.) plays an essential role in the recovery and maintenance of the musculoskeletal system, also reducing pain.

Specialists in temporomandibular-temporomandibular physiotherapy TMJ

Our team of physiotherapists specialised in the treatment of temporomandibular joint TMJ, will offer you educational, preventive and therapeutic work on the functional alterations of the masticatory apparatus, helping you to achieve a correct postural balance of your body, also favouring your jaw joint (temporomandibular).

It is also possible to treat spinal column deviations at Kranion Clinic. SCOLIOSIS is a deformity of the spine in which we can observe, from a posterior view, that the spine does not follow a straight line, but adopts a “C” or “S” curve shape.

Normally, in the scoliotic child, body asymmetries will be observed at the shoulders, hips and shoulder blades.

80% of scoliosis is idiopathic (of unknown origin) and the remaining 20% may be associated with neuromuscular problems and/or vertebral malformations. It is more common in girls than in boys (8:1 ratio between 6 and 10 years of age).

Patients with idiopathic scoliosis can lead a normal life, but impact sports are not recommended and SWIMMING, monitored by a specialist, is recommended as a natural treatment.

If scoliosis reaches a certain severity, complications may develop in adulthood:

  • Cardiopulmonary disorders.
  • Back pain and cervical pain.
  • Bruxism
  • Problems of psycho-social integration, as the patient’s appearance is altered.

Currently there is a novel treatment that consists of the three-dimensional application of forces to the spine in Fixation (F), Elongation (E) and Derotation (D)… this is the FED® Method, introduced by Prof. Santos Sastre.

The FED unit is equipped with a pneumatic pusher arm that applies a force in the opposite direction to the deforming force that produces the scoliotic curve. The treatment is always completed with a patient-specific exercise plan and with the possible use of orthopaedic corsets prescribed by the medical specialist.

With this machine we can treat the majority of scoliosis, hyperlordosis and hyperkyphosis, although the most important thing is the EARLY DIAGNOSIS established by the rehabilitation doctor or the traumatologist, in order to be able to act early on the child, before the growth cartilages have ossified.

Request a quote

Contact our Patient Services department.